Okay-I put the first coat of RL tobacco glaze on the cupboard! After a few trial and errors, I figured out the technique I wanted to use. I have done this aging on small pieces that I have painted, but not one that is as large as this cabinet. After using a brush, damp rag and dry rag to smooth out the glaze, I ultimately decided to just use the brush. I found both the damp rag and dry rag took off too much glaze and effected the texture of the paint. So, I put the glaze on with the brush and let it set for a few minutes and then I went back over with a dry brush and used both vertical and horizontal strokes to work the glaze into the nooks and crannies of the cabinet. [Good thing I did not strip the paint down to the bare wood or I would not have gotten so much texture to the cupboard]. I am letting it dry then I plan to put a dry brush coat of straw over the glaze and then probably one more dry brush coat of stain. This is where I can get into trouble-and get a bit manic about how the aging looks. The good news is that it has to be done and dry and ready to go to Monticello this Tuesday-so not much more time to futz around. I do love the tobacco glaze and the next trip to Home Depot-I will bring home a quart of the sun bleached, teatime and smoke glazes to have ready to use on other projects!