Friday, January 21, 2011

JANUARY






IS IT ME?
IS IT JANUARY?
HAVE I LOST MY INSPIRATION?
WHERE DID MY MOTIVATION GO?
WHY DO I WANT SUNNY AND BRIGHT AND GREEN AND YELLOW AND ALL THINGS SPRING LIKE AND FRESH AND NEW?
WE HAVE LOTS OF WINTER TO GO!
MAYBE I WILL JUST HIBERNATE
FOR THE NEXT THREE MONTHS!
READ
PUTTER
CLEAN [MAYBE NOT SO MUCH]
TRY SOMETHING NEW
START EVENING WALKS
PLAY WITH THE DOGS
MAKE COOKIES
CURL UP UNDER WARM BLANKETS
COOK BEEF-I DON'T EAT BEEF MUCH-BUT I WANT TO MAKE SLOW COOKED WINTER POT ROAST
BEEF STEW
SWISS STEAK WITH POTATOES AND CARROTS
AND FIND COMFORT IN WHAT WINTER HAS TO OFFER.
SLOW DOWN
RECUPERATE
AND
AND WAIT UNTIL THOSE FIRST FLOWER BUDS START POPPING, AND THE ENERGY FLOWS FOR WHAT SPRING HAS TO OFFER!
YES!
 I THINK THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM GOING TO DO!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I like your plan for the remaining winter. Don't fight it; savor it.
Brenda

trash talk said...

Maybe 'cause I'm so tired of looking at gray (and I don't mean the pretty indoor kind...I'm talking about the dreary outside kind), but I keep staring at the forsythia and waiting for it to bloom.
Call me when the swiss steak is ready!
Debbie

❦Bayside Gal❦ said...

Hmmmm I know what you mean. It snows at least twice a week. I want pretty flowers..... Think pink!!! (or purple, yellow, white)

gretchen said...

At least it's not suppose to rain for a couple days! Where are all these treasures headed?

Followers