I absolutely fell in love with this little face stamp. To me, she captures the spirit and hope of the holiday spirit. I have been toying with stamping on fabric for some time and after finding her [the stamp]-I had to give it a try. I am going to take these little banners out to Monticello today-but I must admit I am having trouble letting them go-I keep picturing them hanging from my tree-so I am off to make some more! Enjoy
HOW TO DO THIS PROJECT:
1. GATHER FABRIC THAT YOU LIKE-I USED TATTERED LINEN TEA TOWELS, TORN BABY DRESSES AND AN OLD SHEET.
2. I TORE THE FABIC IN 2-3 INCH STRIPS AND LET THE EDGES UNRAVEL A BIT.
3. I TEA STAINED THE STRIPS WITH LIPTON INSTANT UNSWEETENED TEA. I LIKE THIS BRAND AS IT DOES NOT HAVE A LOT OF RED UNDERTONES. I LET IT SET IN THE TEA ALL CRUPMPLED UP FOR AN HOUR AND THEN LET DRAIN. I LET THE STRIPS AIR DRY -BUT IT WORKS FINE TO PUT THEM IN THE DRYER. [A LINGERIE DRYING BAG WORKS GREAT AND HELPS THEM NOT GET TANGELED-THIS IS EXPERIENCE TALKING HERE!
4. I GOT THE SWEET BABY FACE STAMP AT MICHAELS AND HAVE HAD THE LARGE ALPHABET STAMP SET FOR SEVERAL YEARS-BUT THERE ARE LOTS OF ALPHABET STAMPS OUT THERE TO USE-I SHOULD KNOW-I HAVE MOST OF THEM!
5.MY FAVORITE INK TO USE IS 'STAZON'. AGAIN YOU CAN GET THIS PRODUCT AT MICHEALS OR ANY OTHER CRAFT STORE. IT IS GREAT INK AND DOES NOT SMEAR! IT ALSO STAMPS ON ALMOST ANY SURFACE.
6. SO PICK YOUR WORDS AND STAMP AWAY!