Sunday, October 4, 2009

TREASURES


Here are a few treasures heading off to the barn for the next sale on October 24, 2009. I am such a sucker for ironstone, old lace and baby bonnets. Doesn't matter if they don't sell, I just keep buying them. The baby bonnets are all silk and french lace-now I ask you -who could resist them-well not me for one! I can just imagine what sweet cherubs got to wear them as babies-years and years ago and after they out grew them their mother loving tucked them away for prosterity. I am such a sentimental fool over all things old!

5 comments:

AuroraSuzette said...

Your blog is so nice! I look forward to quieter days ahead to learn more about it. Love that little head in the white cup, bowl?

Florence said...

I love the old iron stone too, it reminds me of my grandma when she worked at a dinner when I was a little girl. The lace is my favorite, I have lots of it and like to use it to accent some of things I make. Have a great week and I hope to see you on the 24th. Florence

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Oh Sweetie, we ALLLLLLL buy the things we love! If they sell, great - if not, we get to live with and love them for a while longer!

Some people call it a 'sickness'... I think it's just smart shopping. Eventually we sell it, right?! (most of the time!);0)

blushing rose said...

Lovely treasures, Diana.
Have a lovely week. TTFN~Marydon

Mindy said...

I had to let y'all know that I have been away from home for almost 2 weeks, doing a show. When I got back, the box from you was waiting for me. I haven't even gotten to get all the way through it. But, I can tell you that I don't recall ever being so excited about so many wonderful things in such a tiny package! Thank you! ~Mindy

Followers