Sunday, September 27, 2009

OOPS


Okay-I know you are asking where are the sneak peak pictures and pictures of the barn sale? I know you are saying, "Diana-you are always soooooo good at posting teasers and pictures of the event-what happened?" Or, if you have been following the blog since it's birth-you would know that like many things that require attention to detail-I might not always be johnny on the spot with forward thinking details like-1. MAKE SURE YOU CHARGE YOUR CAMERA BATTERY BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE. 2. TAKE THE BATTERY CHARGER WITH YOU SO YOU CAN CHARGE IT IF IT IS DEAD AT THE BARN. 3. CARRY AN EXTRA CAMERA BATTERY SO IN CASE YOU RUN OUT OF BATTERY POWER YOU HAVE AN EXTRA ONE. 4. OR TAKE YOUR NIKON AS A BACK UP!!!!!! Alas none of those seemly small details entered my mind as we rushed to finish the barn-and if you haven't guessed it-the battery was DEAD-not even enough battery to turn on the camera let alone take a picture! So I am sad to say no pictures of the actual event. I am going to the barn this week and will take some pictures of the cupboard project I bought at the flea market and it's journey to a new and fabulous life. [Everyone at the flea market laughed and taunted me when I bought it-they are just going to have to wait and see what they missed. [Don't you just love a good challenge?!] Wish me luck!

PS-LIFE REQUIRES US ONCE IN A WHILE TO HAVE A GOOD LAUGH OVER OUR OWN FOIBLES-WELL- I HAD A GOOD LAUGH OVER MYSELF AS I WENT TO RECHARGE THE BATTERY OF THE DEAD CAMERA. THERE WAS A REASON FOR IT BEING DEAD AS I DISCOVERED-LOW AND BEHOLD-TO MAKE THE CAMERA WORK-I MUST PUT THE BATTERY INTO THE CAMERA. OBVIOUSLY, I HAD THE GOOD SENSE TO CHARGE IT-JUST NOT TO PUT IT BACK IN THE CAMERA-HA HA HA. WHAT'S A GIRL TO DO WHEN SMALL DETAILS LIKE THAT FALL THROUGH THE SIEVE-HAVE A REALLY GOOD LAUGH AT MYSELF. IT IS A GOOD REMINDER NOT TO TAKE YOURSELF TOOOOOOOO SERIOUSLY!!!!!  AS THE SAYING GOES-LIFE IS TOO SHORT. SAVE THE WORRY AND ANGST FOR THE BIG STUFF!

4 comments:

Sammy Girl said...

Hey, gals! Yep, I totally agree ... A REALLY GOOD LAUGH is so important. Everything was perfect yesterday ... great people, great weather, and great finds. Now I just need to figure out what to put in my "new" li'l cabinet and frame ....
Hugs and have a super week!
Betty :)

Auntie Joy said...

Sorry I missed another one! You are singing to the choir when you talk about ya just gotta laugh at your self... In my case, since everyone else is why not join the fun!
See you soon I have something big to bring you!
JOY!

Donna Reyne' said...

So glad to know that you too are human! But pretty funny! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna and Diana, It sure was a pleasure to finally meet you at Tarte's show this weekend ... I have the treasure on the right side of your last photo above proudly displayed as part of an old canvas bag arrangement on the door entering my husband's home office ... I'd post a photo of that, and the 1000's of other FAF treasures that now reside with us (!), if I knew how how ! Thanks again for always having the 'best stuff' ! Patti Campbell

Followers