Tuesday, June 16, 2009

OMG, I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY! : PART 2





Okay, I know I was having a bit of a pity party about the piles of project treasures I have in the garage. I had the best of intentions on Saturday to embark on a painting adventure. Even the CGMD [chief golf maven formerly known as Donna] called after her golf game and asked how the painting was going and had I made any progress? The answer to that question is a resounding NO! It might be a little bit untruthful if I said that somewhere in the back of the dark shopping region of my mind that I did not have an ulterior motive for spending my time this past weekend-because my mind and [soul] really needed to shop, not paint! AND so I shopped and shopped and shopped and not only did I make matters worst on my side of the garage-I filled up the wizard's side of the garage as well so now he can't get the bbmw [his baby BMW] into his side of the garage. So now instead of painting, I must process all of the goodies I brought home to take to Monticello and the next barn sale [June 27,2009]. Sigh [of relief] that I don't have to start painting for a few more days.
Seriously though, sometimes estate sale karma takes over my life and I found three really fun, funky, old and crusty sales with really good prices and I just could not walk away. Donna often says to me when I am not being so level headed about something that might land in the garage as a project-Diana JUST WALK AWAY FROM THE -------. Well I did exercise some restraint and even said that to myself a few times and it worked. Well, okay it worked until I went back for 1/2 price Sunday. What's a girl to do? The moral of my story is to shop till you drop when estate sale karma over takes you and as Scarlet O'Hara says,"tomorrow is another day!" for painting!

No comments:

Followers